It has almost become cliche to say, "I can't believe this year is already over!" Even though I have actively participated in all of the months, the seasons, and the holidays, I am still caught off guard by the New Year. It is often met with a sense of regret..."I should have accomplished this or that", "I wish I could have gone here or there", "Why didn't I get in contact with him or her"....etc etc. As if somehow the passing of December 31st slams the door on knocking opportunities. However, this year I feel a bit different. My reflections over this past year leave me with a feeling of completion. I am ready to move into 2008. Do I have some nagging 'un-dones' out there...sure, but they could be more appropriately classified as fuel for my New Year's resolutions than actual regrets for last year's irresolutions. In reference to the title of this entry, Reflections and Resolutions, I will share a few of each.
Reflections:
1. I never knew that five pearly little teeth poking out from behind a pea-covered smiling face could fill me with more joy than any real diamonds or pearls. Of all the years I have lived until now, this is the one I would re-live for eternity. Jack, you are my life's true joy!
2. I have never loved my husband more than I do right now. No cliche here Bunch. No amount of pride could match what I have for you. I have never known a more devoted father, a more loving son, a more supportive husband, a more loyal friend, or a better man. You are my life, my gift from God. Without you, I would not know the level of faith, love, and joy that I have. I am yours forever.
3. Relying on faith does not always mean expecting the outcome you desire. Relying on faith is allowing yourself to trust that God has the best path and answer already planned out.
4. Cancer sucks. Sorry I couldn't be more eloquent, but truthfully, what is going on with cancer? Why does everyone's father, sister, friend, cousin, and uncle have it? Why can't we do anything to stop it? Why is it so much stronger than our fight, reserve, will, and strength? I can't answer these questions, but I can resolve that it sucks!
5. Family is ultimately the only tie that holds this whole jumble together. It has been a rough year for our family. Illness, divorce, conflict...it's all evil. If we didn't have each other to laugh with, love with, cry with, and learn with we would be lost. Even when it seems we might despise each other as much as we love each other, no one can deny that we need each other.
6. The women that I call my friends are the most amazing, supportive, hilarious, loyal, and beautiful people I know. I could never have guessed that sharing in the trials/tribulations of motherhood could provoke more hysterical conversations and experiences than any bachelorette party of our past. I am in the company of queens!!
Resolutions:
1. The average person spends 70% of their days in a year working. That is entirely too much time to spend at a job you don't enjoy or feel good about. Life is too short.
2. What we put into our bodies ultimately determines how we look, feel, function, and age. We should all do better to improve these things. Life is too short.
3. The places I haven't seen in this world will always outnumber those that I have, but why not try to even the ratio. Life is too short.
4. There are always going to be screaming children in the grocery store and fit-pitchers in a restaurant, so why not allow mine to be one of them. We can't spend our whole lives at home! Life is too short!
5. Why have 1 child when our house has enough room for 2 and our hearts have enough room for 20. Life is too short! (Baby #2 due in July!!)
6. The Lord never ceases to live up to his glorious name. He is ever present, ever faithful, ever fruitful, ever strong, ever faithful, and ever true. No matter whether you chose to listen to Him each day of your life or ignore Him for years at a time, He is still in front of you guiding your way. Do not put off until tomorrow what should be done today. Turn to Him, for ultimately you will...life is too short, live in His grace!
This is how I felt...
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment