Giraffe Couture

Monday, August 31, 2009

I will not be afraid....

Jack has memorized his very first Bible verse. "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid," Hebrews 13:6. I think it's quite fitting, because he has entered into the phase of nightmares and monsters in the closet. Now when those thoughts creep in, I remind him of his verse and he says with much conviction, "the W'ord in my hepper, I will NOT be afwaid". It's priceless. As I hear him repeat it to himself throughout the day I am faced with my own hypocrisy. While I encourage Jack to trust God and rely on Him to be his sovereign helper, I look only to myself for the answers when I am fearful. Shouldn't I also be relinquishing control over to the Lord?? I am thankful that God will speak to us in the ways that we will hear Him the most. I listened to an hour long sermon on Sunday morning, but I received the clearest message from the mouth of my two year old. Thank you God for meeting me where I am. Thank you that you are also MY helper, and I need not be afraid. Please continue to show me ways to release my fears and anxieties to you so that I may be freed from them. This is how I felt.

No comments: